It's Difficult To Let Go, Says Katrina Kaif

Touted as the sexiest actress in Bollywood, Katrina Kaif has come a long way from her first film Boom to her latest that hits the marquee next month. Denying some rumours and accepting some Kats literally lets go...
          
Ques: The other day, at a magazine event, you reportedly stressed on your single status saying, 'I don't think I'm sexy, else I wouldn't be single'...

Katrina: I don't think I meant that. There were too many people causing commotion at the place, so I was just joking ¦ I don't think it is relevant."

Ques: Moving on to your film, the first thought to cross your mind when you hear the phrase, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

Katrina: It's easier said than done. Because most of us worry about our jobs, future security, when we will settle down, where will we be 10 years from now and other things that it's difficult to let go.

Ques: So didn't you let go while playing Laila in the movie...

Katrina: Well, I enjoyed playing a girl who doesn't plan tomorrow. She can happily sit on the beach, go diving, ride a bike, in short do whatever she feels like without worrying about where she'll get her money for the next week and so on. I wanted to learn how to ride a bike. And I love the water, so it was fun indulging in deep sea diving. As an actor, one does get to experience things one would never get a chance to otherwise.

Ques: What were the most memorable moments when you let go while portraying Laila?

Katrina: Both, dirt biking and deep sea diving were more traumatic than I had initially anticipated. I had the basic understanding of smaller bikes, but I had to practice with a bigger and heavier one for the movie. I refused to understand that you've to let the bike fall, as I was being stubborn and trying to prevent it from going down. So I got hurt once or twice. As for diving, I had learnt it in a pool, but had to shoot the scenes in seas with choppy waters. It was so stressful that at the end of the four-day shoot in the waters, I had lost three and half kilos.

Ques: We believe you had close encounters with the sharks while shooting in the sea?

Katrina: Well, I was told about the sharks later, after we had finished the shoot. I was angry at not being informed earlier, but I was explained that the knowledge could have caused me to panic and hamper my performance. Of course, if I had known about the sharks, I wouldn't have ventured into the waters. About a month later, I heard the place was shut due to sharks.

Ques: Your chemistry with Hrithik Roshan has generated a lot of buzz, fuelled further by reports of a three-minute long kissing scene...

Katrina: I believe that for the chemistry to work, the film has to work first. For me, it's a new test like every other film. If the audience likes it, the film works and that's why the chemistry between the characters works.

Ques: Ek Tha Tiger sees you team up with Salman Khan again. Aren't you apprehensive the pairing will distract audiences from the roles you two play in the movie?

Katrina: I don't think so. That's director's challenge to make sure the story and the film is strong to overcome all that. If people have any expectations or their interest is piqued because of the reports so far, I'm fine with it. Our job is to ensure that the audience gets interested in the film for what it is and not by reports.

Ques: Having bagged Yash Chopra's next film with SRK, you're being heralded as YRF's blue-eyed girl...

Katrina: Not at all. Adi (Aditya Chopra) is someone who won't cast you unless he really believes you suit the role. I don't know if anyone else would have done the role in Mere Brother Ki Dulhan. Besides, I had not worked with Imran (Khan) before, so it made sense. I've worked with Kabir (Khan) in New York. So when he started scripting Ek Tha Tiger, he wanted me to be a part of it, given our equation. As for Yashji's film, it made sense to them because I've never worked with Shah Rukh before.

No comments:

Post a Comment