Katrina Kaif apologises for Rahul Gandhi comments

Actress Katrina Kaif has apologised for her comments describing Rahul Gandhi as "half Indian" but said her remarks were taken out of context.
         
"The comments have been misconstrued. They have been taken out of context. But having said that if I have caused hurt to anyone's sentiments, I deeply apologise. It was not the intention at all," Kaif told a TV news channel.

In an interview to a newspaper, the actress had said, "Am I supposed to be ashamed that I am half-Asian, I mean, no! Rahul Gandhi is half-Indian, half-Italian. So? I am very proud of what I am and I just don't understand the confusion as if I'm trying to hide the fact that my mother's a British. Why would I?"

The actress, who turned 28 recently, said she made those comments without any "malice or real thought" but regretted they were misconstrued by the media.

"I will also request the media not to make a controversial issue out of something which was not meant with any intention or malice or any real thought behind it. That's all I have to say," the actress said.

Katrina's remarks were met with contempt by the Congress, with party spokesperson Manish Tewari sarcastically saying, "Who is she? I do not know. Tomorrow, you will ask for our reaction on the statement of Johnny Lever. To what level you want to bring down the level of the political discourse in the country?"

No comments:

Post a Comment