Satsang still on for Katrina

She delivered a powerful performance in Raajneeti (2010). And that set tongues wagging when filmmaker Prakash Jha didn’t cast Katrina Kaif in his next, Aarakshan. But soon news came that Kat would play the lead in another project, Satsang. But since Jha got busy with Aarakshan, reports suggested that Satsang was on the backburner indefinitely. Also, grapevine had it that Kat wasn’t happy about Jha roping in Deepika Padukone for Aarakshan. But Katrina is surprised with such talks.  

Without mentioning Satsang, she says: “Prakashji and I have talked about many ideas. I’d love to work with him again. He made a great movie in Raajneeti.” Jha too contends that Satsang will be made with Katrina. “I will take the final call in a couple of weeks if it should be my next movie. Besides Satsang, I’ve another story too. So let’s wait and watch. But one thing is for sure; I’ll make Satsang with Katrina. However, I can’t put a deadline on it.”

Satsang is apparently about a young woman from the west in search of spirituality in India. And Katrina would be seen in a non-glamourous avatar without any make-up. But it remains to be seen if Jha can kick off Satsang in the near future since Katrina will start shoot of Ek Tha Tiger with Salman Khan soon before starting on Yash Chopra’s yet-untitled film with Shah Rukh Khan.

Talking about her experience of working with boys (Farhan Akhtar, Hrithik Roshan and Abhay Deol) in Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Katrina says, “Actually, I have done several movies with lot of guys. So, I am quite used to and easy with it. I work as hard as I can and rest is not in my hands.” Lastly, ask Kat if she is doing Ayan Mukerji’s next with ‘boyfriend’ Ranbir Kapoor and she shoots back: “Right now, I am only doing the three films we have talked about. Nothing else is finalised.”

No comments:

Post a Comment